Hopkinsville Community College’s Financial Aid Department will offer workshops on eight days in October to help current and incoming students complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid, better known as FASFA. The form is used to determine a student’s eligibility for financial aid.
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and can be scheduled online or by emailing Hp-HCCFinancialaid@kctcs.edu. Times will be offered from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. on Oct. 6, 7, 11, 13, 19, 21, 26 and 27, the college said in a news release.
Students must bring the following information to complete the FASFA:
- Student FSA ID (if one has been created)
- Parent FSA ID (dependent students)
- Student 2020 tax returns and W-2s
- Parent 2020 tax returns and W-2s (dependent students)
- Spouse 2020 tax returns and W-2s, if married
- Student Social Security number
- Spouse Social Security Number, if married
- Parent DOB, Social Security number, marital status, and date parent was married, divorced or widowed
- Record of investments and untaxed income, if any
There is no charge for the workshops.