The Hopkinsville Art Guild is accepting entries for its 50th annual Pennyroyal Juried Art Exhibition at Hopkinsville Community College. The guild will award $3,500 in prizes and present several special awards of recognition.
The entry deadline is noon Oct. 2. The registration form and additional information is available on the guild’s website. The show is open to artists age 14 and older who live in Kentucky and surrounding states. They do not have to be a member of the guild to submit works.
The exhibition will be on display for the public Oct. 2 through 24 in the HCC Auditorium Gallery, 720 North Drive.
The juror, retired art professor Kell Black, will select first, second and third place for cash awards in these categories:
- Drawing (pencil, charcoal, ink, and pastels)
- Water media (painting using acrylic, watercolor)
- Oil media (painting with oils)
- Mixed Media/3-D (collage, montage, jewelry, wood turnings, textiles, baskets, pottery, and sculpture)
- Photography (may be digitally edited).
In addition to cash prizes, the following awards will be given:
- People’s Choice, sponsored by United Southern Bank.
- Daedalus Award, given to an artist who demonstrates technical and esthetic innovation.
- Celebrating 50 Award, with criteria available in the call for entries.
- Purchase Award, sponsored by Jennie Stuart Health.
Awards will be presented at a reception beginning at 2 p.m. Oct. 24. Additional information is available by contacting guild representative Henrietta Kemp at 270-886-3776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.