Kentucky artists are encouraged to submit works for a Team Kentucky Exhibit in the two main halls of the Capitol Building at Frankfort.
The deadline for submission is June 3, and works will be selected by the second week of June for the exhibit that will run from July 1 to Dec. 31.
Gov. Andy Beshear and first lady Britainy Beshear “believe there is no better place than the Capitol to highlight Kentuckians’ voices as represented through art,” officials said in a press release.
Along with the six-month rotation in the Capitol, selected works will be featured on the Team Kentucky Digital Art Gallery.
Art submission requirements
- Artists may submit two artworks for consideration but must complete separate applications for each.
- Artworks must be a minimum size of 18-by-20 inches (including frame) and cannot exceed 48 inches in width. The maximum allowable depth is 4 inches and the maximum weight is 25 pounds.
- Artworks should be framed if practicable.
- Artworks can be landscape, portrait or abstract.
- The following information should be included with your submission: your name; address, including city and county; phone number; email; title of artwork; and size of artwork (including frame). You can also include the URL if you have a website where your art is displayed.
- Artists also can note whether the artwork is for sale. Artworks will not be sold as part of the Team Kentucky Gallery, but interested buyers will be able to contact artists for information about a sale once the artwork is returned.
How to submit
- Submit photos of artwork using the application on the gallery’s website.